Monday, February 1, 2010

Beer Thirty


Seattle Washington. Pike Pier area. A mixture of mac n cheese and raw oysters may not have been the smartest move, but, if I made smart moves, this blog would be in a book, and Id be paying a robot to type this. Or a clone. Or something from the future. Actually, if I could clone myself, Id send the other Rory out to make balloon swords, because I like them, but I cant make them. The squeaking drives me nuts. Cant stand squeaky sneakers ( wouldn't make it courtside at a Knicks game) Or squeaky foods. Like pickle spears.....damn...that makes me cringe right now.

I lost my little old man newsie cap there too. In Washington not in the future. In five years though, Back to the Future says were supposed to have flying cars, newspapers with built in videos, and guys fashion at work is two ties. I hate wearing one tie: the future sounds scary.

I think the commercials where the people talk to the Big Mac Snack Wraps is dead on. If it comes to a point where I'm eating McDonalds, I'm talking to food too.

SuperBowl Sunday, the second greatest holiday on Earth*, approaches. As per my new diet, I am ON a strict Monday-Friday no frills diet, then on the weekends I can eat anything I want. Lost six pounds so far, and I think its something I can stick too. SO, saving up to eat my weight in wings, and bathe in PBR....actually, a beer sounds good now, and its 2 in the morning...and I'm going to drink one cause I'm a grown man damn it!

Ever since I re-arranged my bedroom, putting the bed against the wall instead of by the radiator, I sleep so much better. That and Ive stopped eating bacon bits mixed in peanut butter at midnight...damn that sounds good too, and I am a grown man....Ill be right back....

Movie review: Watched The Hurt Locker on the plane. I took away the message of defusing carbombs in Iraq is better then having kids. I think I knew that secretly already. I like kids, but they have less concept of money then I do, and I'm still banking on paying my rent this month with my Old Navy gift card...

Well, I have 2 Dr Drews "Celebrity" Rehabs taped, so I have a full night.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again." --- Groucho Marx

* St Patricks Day is the best man made holiday.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo of Mayor McCheese. McDonalds snack wrap commercials are the worst commercials ever. I don't speak for the entire nycdisent group, but I don't know how to post a comment just as Shannon.

    ReplyDelete