Monday, January 18, 2010

Dream a little dream...


I had a dream I was at an audition for a new Shakespeare movie, and after my monologue which I did completely in Spanish, I had to show my manhood to the five people behind the table. One was a friend of mine from an acting class I took ten years ago, two were a couple I saw fighting on the D train I saw previously that day. The fourth was a complete stranger. A very hot blond who looked like the real version of a Japanime woman, with giant eyes and perfect single stranded hair. And the fifth was that lady from the Taco Bell fresca diet commercials. When I woke up I vowed two things. Not to make and consume my own ranch dressing at midnight (minds out of the gutter...we can play there later) and two, to fill my days by keeping a dream journal. What secrets do my own subconscious hold for me? Do I have all the answers already and am just not paying attention? Are the Islanders really on a winning streak?

I didn't buy a notebook or diary, but I used the back of one of my old headshots. I used to use old headshots as calendars, but my friend Blue bought me a daytimer last year, and I use those now. Took me till 2009 to use a daytimer, but anywho...the next night I had a dream I was waiting tables at a BBQ joint in what appeared to be on the deck of a ship, and I had no pens. When I went to write it down after I woke up, I got as far as the word waiting written down, and then I thought of a song called Waiting by the Devlins, and I turned my computer on to buy it on Itunes. It was actually called World Outside, so I bought that. Waiting is the first word of the song, thus the confusion. By the time I got to the page, I forgot most of the dream. I tried to remember as the day went on, but then there were 3 Law and Orders on in a row I hadn't seen. I thought I had seen all of them. I probably have, but I think when I learn something new now-a -days, like they make a white American cheese, I forget an episode of L&O.
If all my boxes of crackers and cereal are not facing the same direction on top of my fridge, I cant concentrate. Even if I'm in another room.
Ill see what I dream about tonight, and if I can make it to the page before something distracts me like...oh....sunlight. Maybe I will dream about people from the D train again. You know that game you play, where you think to yourself, "If the subway broke down, and I HAD to sleep with someone on here, who would it be?" The other day for two whole stops, the answer was everyone. That hasn't happened ever.

Remember, its good to not to be focused all the time. It adds character. Swiss cheese without holes is just cheese. Don't be just cheese. Good night and sweet dre...look, a quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment